As used to be called Salekhard? What was the name?

159
SALEKHARD was founded by Cossacks in 1595. At first it was called OBDORSKY OBDORSK OSTROG or FORTRESS. In 1807 fortifications were demolished. And OBDORSK became just a village.\r\n\r\PA in 1933 OBDORSK was renamed SALEKHARD, which means "settlement on a Cape".
22
Answer add

Other questions in the section - cities_and_countries

Radievich
Faddey
Anayaron
Neemossop
Longin